Let us help
your energy bills & carbon footprint
If you are looking for a renewable energy option to improve efficiency and reduce running costs, get in touch today.
WRP Group has a vast knowledge in scoping, planning and installing Ground Source and Air Source Heat Pump heating solutions. They can save you money on your heating bills while using a sustainable and renewable energy source.
What is an air source heat pump?
Most home heating systems either burn fuel or convert electricity into heat. This is where heat pumps are different as they don’t generate heat.
Instead, they move existing heat energy from outside into your home. This makes them more efficient. Since they deliver more heat energy than the electrical energy they consume. So a heat-pump system typically costs less to run than a traditional heating system too.
Air source heat pumps are a highly efficient way to heat your home. They can work by themselves or partner up with your existing central heating system to provide hot water and affordable year-round heat.
What is a ground source heat pump?
A ground source heat pump is a renewable heating system. The ground source heat pump extracts low-temperature solar energy stored in the ground or water using buried pipework and compresses this energy into a higher temperature.
A ground source heat pump provides a building with 100% of its heating and hot water all year round.
Ground Source Heat Pumps can work with any form of distribution system, however the best performance is achieved when the heat pump is partnered with underfloor heating, which enables the lowest possible flow temperatures.
Things worth considering are;
- Land available / bore hole(s)
- Type of existing heat emitters
- Hot water requirements
It’s also worth noting that if you live in a low energy efficient/drafty property, then installing a heat pump without putting other energy efficient measures (such as fully insulating your property) your heat pump will struggle to be effective.
- Highly efficient source of heat and hot water
- Zero carbon if used with a renewable tariff
- Can closely match the running costs of other home heating systems
- Installation cost offset by Renewable Heat Incentive payments
- Low-maintenance with a long service life
- Some systems can provide cooling in the summer
- Provides a clean way to heat buildings, free of all carbon emissions on site.
- It makes use of solar energy stored in the ground
- Provides one of the most energy-efficient ways of heating buildings.
Request a call back
If you’d like more details on our renewable energy solutions, simply submit your details and we’ll get in touch with you.